Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour is one of the famous Autonomous institutes which were famous for the education research as well as in the field of agriculture. Mainly, Bihar state is too endowed with gift of soil and water resources with complete agricultural favorable climatic conditions.
The establishment of Sri Venkateswara Bihar Agricultural University is an Autonomous institute in 2010 under the ICAR act at Sabour, Bhagalpur district of Bihar. Bihar Agricultural University will cover the 25 districts of Bihar in their operations namely Araria, Arwal, Aurangabad, Banka, Bhabhua, Bhagalpur, Bhojpur, Buxar, Gaya, Jamui, Jehanabad, Katihar, Kishanganj, Khagaria, Lakhisarai, Madhepura, Munger, Nalanda, Nawada, Patna, Purnia, Rohtas, Saharsa, Sheikhpura, Khagaria and Supaul districts.
The area of operation which is based on agricultural and divided into two Agricultural zones I and II(A) of Bihar which is catered according to your potential needs and covered the important districts an area about 40.2 lakh hectares.
The headquarters of this university will be completely located at the Bihar Agricultural College, Sabour Campus, and the oldest and premier Agricultural College of the State will engage in the education and conducting the research on farmer’s problems and provide the extension to the technology.
Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour would include the following objectives:
· To confer the educations in disciplines of farming, agriculture and its allied disciplines.
· To undertake the strategic research and connected exploration for improvement of farming innovation. To undertake augmentation instruction program in the State of Bihar, by arranging and sorting out distinctive projects of human asset capacity in horticulture and related spaces.
· To help the State Government in production and supply of breeder seeds for increase the multiplication and certified seeds.
· To serve as an archive of national and global experimental data on different parts of rural and creature generation.
· To team up with significant national and universal organizations for all round advancement of farming in the State, specifically and the nation all in all; furthermore to attempt such different exercises, as it may esteem fit, every now and then.