Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University was established in the period of 1955 to 2006 to strengthen education and services in the fields of Veterinary Science, Dairy Technology and Fishery Science in the State of Andhra Pradesh. The foundation of three Veterinary Colleges, the first at Rajendranagar amid 1946, the second at Bapatla amid 1955 and the third at Gannavaram amid 1998, made ready for fortifying Veterinary training in the Andhra Pradesh State. The Veterinary College at Bapatla was moved to Tirupati amid December, 1957. The College of Fishery Science was begun at Muthukur, Nellore Dt. during 1991. The College of Veterinary Science, Tirupati observed Golden Jubilee Year amid July, 2004 to July 2005 and the yearlong Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the College were formally initiated by the Hon'ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Dr.Y.S.Rajasekhara Reddy on 30th September 2004. On that event, the Chief Minister, while highlighting the significance of domesticated animals and water cultivating in the general economy of the state, reported the foundation of Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University at Tirupati.
The University was made by bifurcating the personnel of Veterinary Science involving Veterinary Science, Fishery Science and Dairy Science from Acharya N.G. Ranga Agricultural University, Rajendranagar, and Hyderabad.
Tuned in to the guarantee of the Hon'ble Chief Minister, the State Cabinet at its meeting on 4-3-2005 chose to build up the University at Tirupati and the Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University Act, 2005 was gone in the State Legislative Assembly on 30 Mar 2005.
· Its Aim is to strengthen education and services in the fields of Veterinary Science, Dairy Technology and Fishery Science and Research Stations.