Name of scheme
Integrated Horticulture Development Mission (M.I.D.H.) – National Horticulture Mission
Objectives of the scheme
The main objectives of the scheme are as follows :-
• To provide all-round growth of the horticulture sector by comparative advantage of the state / region, its diverse agro-climatic characteristics as a regional harmony through local differentiated strategy involving research, technology promotion, extension, post-harvest management, processing and marketing.
• To increase horticultural production, improve nutrition safety and helping farmers for income generation.
• To make various on-going planned programs for horticulture development as partners in mutual synergy and encourage them to work in-tandem with each other.
• To promote, develop and disseminate technology through scientific information.
• To provide employment opportunities to skilled and unskilled persons, especially unemployed youth.
• Ensuring fair income to farmers/producers through all round development from one end to other by developing consolidated areas.
• To convert traditional crop area to horticulture, flower, vegetable and spice production areas.
• To reduce post - harvest loses and encouragement to infrastructural facilities for their storage system.
Saharanpur, Mujaffarnagar, Moradabad, Ghaziabad, Bulandshahar, Hathras, Agra, Mathura, Mainpuri, Bareilly, Unnao, Lucknow, Raebareilly, Etawah, Kanpur, Kannauj, Lalitpur, Jalaun, Hamirpur, Mahoba, Banda, Chitrakoot, Pratapgarh, Kaushambi, Allahabad, Barabanki, Sultanpur, Siddharthnagar, Maharajganj, Kushinagar, Ballia, Jaunpur, Ghazipur, Varanasi, Bhadohi, Mirzapur, Sonbhadra, Jhansi, Faizabad, Gorakhpur and Farrukkhabad.
Website - http://uphorticulture.gov.in/