It’s one of the famous Universities which were established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh G.O.Ms.No.134 dated 26-06-2007 at Venkataramannagudem, near Tadepalligudem in West Godavari District. Dr Y.S.R. is the second famous Horticultural University, which is produced the Palm, Mango, turmeric, chilies. It is one of the second largest producers of total fruits like papaya, Sweet orange.
Dr Y.S.R. started functioning w.e.f 26th June 2007, the college was overseen by the Agricultural Production Commissioner and Principal Secretary to the Government, ATM as the Special Officer bolstered by an Officer on Special Duty and Coordinator drawn from the Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University. Three new Colleges of Horticulture, one every at Venkataramannagudem in West Godavari District, Mojerla in Mahaboobnagar District and Anantharajupet in Kadapab District were begun in the 2007-08 scholastic year. The UG and PG instructive projects being offered at Rajendranagar, Hyderabad under Acharya NG Ranga Agricultural University were additionally brought into the fold of Andhra Pradesh Horticultural University from 2007-08 scholastic years onwards.
The Board of Management of the college was constituted on 16th February, 2008 and the first Vice-Chancellor was named on 26th July, 2008. And, all the Research Stations managing Horticultural Research were likewise brought into the managerial fold of Dr.YSR Horticultural University with impact from 01-04-2008. The Dr.Y.S.R Horticultural University began working freely from 10-05-2008 at its central command at Venkataramannagudem.
The University keeps running on the Land Grant example followed in the USA, with accentuation on Education, Research and Extension of Horticulture. Subsequently, the command of the University is –
· Human Resource Development through training
· Conduct need based examination
· Dissemination of the demonstrated advancements grew through exploration
Important Areas of Research:
1. Expanding Productivity.
2. Supporting efficiency under biotic and abiotic anxieties.
3. Enhancing nutritive quality and nourishment wellbeing.
4. Environment Protection.
5. Expanding Profitability to agriculturists.
6. Send out Promotion.
7. Minimization of post-harvest misfortunes.
8. Handling and quality expansion.
Dr. Y.S.R. University is completely committed to man power and technologies which is always ready to resolve the problems related to horticulture and provide the proper guidance to horticulture farmers in all sectors. Mainly, Andhra Pradesh the pioneer in Horticulture – satisfying the desire of the Government of Andhra Pradesh in building up this college.
Complete Infrastructure is fully facilities with girls and boys hostels. Also, 1 International hostels is available which is completely well-designed and furnished that is full with all important facilities. Libraries are available for all staffs, students and administrators department and all types of courses and reference book are available to enhance the level of knowledge.
Main Vision and Objectives
Improvement of Horticulture for providing nutritional security to the individuals and expanding the benefit to all agriculturalist and horticulturalists through the advancement of proper advanced technologies and labor in the condition of Andhra Pradesh State
· Minimization of post-harvest misfortunes.
· Value addition and complete export promotion.
· Diminishing the cost of production through the increased efficiency, this enhances the profitability of the growers.
· Improvement of technologies for horticultural crops that ensure the safety to the consumers and those people involved in the farming and growing the environment.
· Manpower development in connection to the present requirements of the horticulture industry.