Atari Address- ICAR-ATARI Zone-IV Patna ICAR-Agricultural Technology Application Research Institute, Zone-IV, Patna
Host Institute Name- Gram Nirman Mandal Sarvodaya Ashram, Sokhodeora Nawada, Bihar
Pin Code- 805116
Preview- "Krishi Vigyan Kendra ,Nawada Established by Indian Council of Agriculture Research ,New Delhi in 1979 under Agriculture Technology Application Research Institute Zone II under Gram Nirman Mandal Sarvodaya Ashram Sokhodera Nawada ,Bihar The KVK, is an integral part of the National Agricultural Research System (NARS), aims at assessment of location specific technology modules in agriculture and allied enterprises, through technology assessment, refinement and demonstrations. KVKs have been functioning as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technology supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector for improving the agricultural economy of the district and are linking the NARS with extension system and farmers.
KVK System: Mandate and Activities
The mandate of KVK is Technology Assessment and Demonstration for its Application and Capacity Development. To implement the mandate effectively, the following activities are envisaged for each KVK
1. On-farm testing to assess the location specificity of agricultural technologies under various farming systems.
2. Frontline demonstrations to establish production potential of technologies on the farmers’ fields.
3. Capacity development of farmers and extension personnel to update their knowledge and skills on modern agricultural technologies.
4. To work as Knowledge and Resource Centre of agricultural technologies for supporting initiatives of public, private and voluntary sector in improving the agricultural economy of the district.
5. Provide farm advisories using ICT and other media means on varied subjects of interest to farmers
In addition, KVKs produce quality technological products (seed, planting material, bio-agents, livestock) and make it available to farmers, organize frontline extension activities, identify and document selected farm innovations and converge with ongoing schemes and programs within the mandate of KVK. "