MaharanaPratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur (MPUAT), is one of the famous second Agricultural University of the state, (at first named as Agricultural University, Udaipur), which appeared on first November, 1999 by bifurcation of the Rajasthan Agricultural University, Bikaner through proclamation of Government of Rajasthan Ordinance No. 6 of 1999, and convert it into an Act in May, 2000. This has been done in perspective of wide physiographic variety including products, trimming example, atmosphere, soil parameters, and so forth largest state of the country. Additionally, it was hard to oversee the stipulated work of educating, examination and complete extension work according to the order put forward through a solitary University in the state. Other than this, it gives new positions to that particular area projects which is more suited to tribal belt particularly for the southern Rajasthan. The University began working going all out with impact from December 1, 1999.
The jurisdiction of the university includes the main constituent colleges that are as - Agricultural Research Stations (ARSs), Agricultural Research Sub Stations (ARSSs), Livestock Research Station (LRS), Dry land Farming Research Station (DFRS) and Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVKs) spread over 12 districts of the south and south eastern part of the Rajasthan state. These districts are Banswara, Baran, Bhilwara, Bundi, Chittorgarh, Dungarpur, Jhalawar, Kota, Pratapgarh, Rajsamand, Sirohi and Udaipur. The various teaching programme at College of Technology and Engineering as well as College of Dairy and Food Science Technology are appropriately perceived byAICTE. The Courses keep continuously running by MPUAT which is authorized by ICAR (Indian Council of Agricultural Research) as well. The university additionally bolsters the Commission at Agricultural Costs and Costs with the information base for expense of creation assessments of significant yields required for least bolster value strategy of the Government of India.
· RCA - Rajasthan College of Agriculture, Udaipur
· CDFST - College of Dairy and Food Science Technology, Udaipur
· CTAE - College of Technology and Engineering, Udaipur
· CF - College of Fisheries, Udaipur
· CHSC - College of Home Science, Udaipur
· COH & F - College of Horticulture and Forestry, Jhalawar
MaharanaPratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur (MPUAT), provides the complete facilities which makes the perfect college that includes the hostels, University central library, Directorate of Research center, Directorate of Extension Education center, and various extra-curricular activities such as NSS, NCC, student counselling center.
Vision and Mission
The main objective is to prepare need based quality human asset in consonance with need of the general population and private sectors associations, conduct the essential and connected exploration to sort the long term problems; and manage the Human Resource Development (HRD) programs for compelling exchange of innovation to the officers and supervisory staff of the Departments of Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Soil Conservation and Watershed Management, Animal Husbandry, and so forth. The particular objectives are as per the following:
· Taking the part which is showing and preparing in distinctive branches of farming and partnered fields especially Horticulture, Fisheries, Dairy, Forestry, Engineering, Home Science and so forth.
· Creating the linkages broadly and universally for training, exploration and extension education programmes.
· The headway of learning and leading examination, looking for answers for rising issues in Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Home Science, Dairy and Food Science and other allied sciences.
· Giving assorted specialized administrations and consultancy in businesses united to agribusiness to improve asset usage and for legitimate saddling of advancements created in the research facilities and fields.