The Maharashtra Animal and Fishery Sciences University (MAFSU) was formally informed on November seventeenth, 2000 and was built up under the State Act No. 1998 on December 03rd, 2000 with its headquarter at Nagpur. The University has been cut out of the 4 Agriculture Universities in the state by exchanging 5 Veterinary Colleges, 1 Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary and Animal Sciences and 1 Dairy Technology College. In spite one of the facts that the University is in its earliest stages established, while the constituent schools were entirely old.
Thus beginning with 5 Veterinary Colleges, 1 Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary and Animal Sciences and 1 Dairy Technology College are all started at different geographical locations of the state in December 2000, University made anappreciable progress in developing Fishery Faculty and strengthening Dairy Technology Faculty by establishing two new Fishery College at Nagpur & Udgir and one Dairy Technology College at Udgir. Other than ten schools in three resources, Director of Instructions, Director of Research and Director of Extension and Training, the University has an all-around created Students Welfare Section, University Library, Bio-informatics Center and preparing and position focuses. With the new ideas of examination and augmentation obligation, the University arrangements to start and organize exploration ventures with alternate Universities, establishments of ICAR.
· Bombay Veterinary College, Mumbai (BVC)
· Nagpur Veterinary College, Nagpur (NVC)
· College of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Parbhani (COVAS)
· College of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Udgir (COVAS)
· Krantisinh Nana Patil College of Veterinary Science, Shirwal, Satara (KNPCVS)
· Post Graduate Institute Of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Akola (PGIVAS)
· College of Fishery Science, Telangkhedi, Nagpur (CFS)
· College of Fishery Science, Udgir (CFS)
· College of Dairy Technology, Warud, Pusad (CDT)
· College of Dairy Technology, Udgir, Latur (CDT)
Our main goal is to make sure the acting and imparting of students and provides so as to strengthen of understudies propelled in the fields of animal, dairy and fishery sciences by innovative, efficient and effective strategies.