- About University
- Affiliated Colleges
Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology is one of the famous Agricultural sciences and technology center, that is came into existence on 20th September, 1999. It is established by an amendment in Sher-e-Kashmir University of Agricultural Sciences and Technology Act 1982 through the State legislature. SKUAST is multi-purpose university campus with its headquarters at Chatha and Jammu. The establishment and development SKUAST has its own aspirations, commitment and missionary aim to provide the cater needs in the Jammu and Kashmir divisions through education, research and agriculture.
To take care of the demand of prepared labor of improvement divisions and face the difficulties in agribusiness under the clout of liberalization, privatization and globalization, the compatibility of scholastic incredibleness and creation of need based prepared graduates has been given due need.
SKUAST (J&K) Research Stations, Substations and Centers
· Regional Agricultural Research Station, Rajouri
· Dry land Research Sub-station, Dhiansar
· Rain fed Research Sub-station for tropical Fruits, Raya
· Regional Horticulture Research Sub-station, Bhaderwah
· Pulses Research Sub-station, Samba
· Maize Breeding Research Sub-station, Poonch
· Water Management Research Centre, Chatha
· Cropping System Research, Chatha
· Seed Production Farm, Chakroi, RS Pura
· All India Maize Improvement Project, Udhampur
SKUAST(J&K) provides the various facilities which is fulfills the requirements as well as enhanced the knowledge that are as – hostel, Library center, Medical department, sports, NSS are all at the same place in the area of University.
SKUAST-Jammu is endeavoring to accomplish exclusive expectations of incredibleness in training, exploration and expansion for the improvement of farming group of the regions.