Agricultural College, Bapatla was begun on 11 July 1945 by recent Government of Composite Madras State on the suggestion of the Postwar Reconstruction Committee and to meet the necessities of the food security and to fortify the Agricultural Department at all levels to adapt up to the broadened exercises. . It is one of the oldest among eight Agricultural Colleges in Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University, Andhra Pradesh. Its main aim to start with providing the knowledge or education to undergraduate students which turns out the agricultural graduates to move for different post and provide the reconstruction plans.
It is one of the important Agricultural College, which was affiliated to Andhra University and provides the recommendations of Sir C R Reddy, famous leader, Inspection team to the college and complete administrative control who is Directorate of Agriculture of recent Madras State until 1954. Few years ago, Agricultural College, Bapatla turned into the constituent college of Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University (APAU) later it’s renamed as Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University from 16th July, 1964. . From that point forward, the school extended quickly both scholastically and physically with the expansion of postgraduate and doctoral projects or programme. Numerous infrastructural offices were included terms of structures and types of gear for enhancing the scholastic status in agricultural education system.
The college celebrated its Silver Jubilee on 1970 – 71, Golden Jubilee on 1994-95 and Diamond Jubilee in 2005.In the year 1999-2000, this College was licensed by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi in the first stage itself taking into account ICAR's Pre Review Team Report and show the successive pillar in front of everyone.
For more queries, please contact to our Head of our college and know the complete information. Welcome to our Agricultural College!