Agricultural College, Bapatla was set up on 11 July, 1945 by past Government of Composite Madras State on the suggestion of the Postwar Reconstruction Committee and to meet the prerequisites of the food security and to fortify the Agricultural Department at all levels to adapt up to the broadened activities and completely affiliated with Andhra University on the suggestions of Late Sir C R Reddy, Leader, Inspection Team to the College and was under the regulatory control of the Directorate of Agriculture of recent Madras State until 1954.. It is the most established among eight Agricultural Colleges in Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University, Andhra Pradesh. It was established with the point of giving agriculture education for college students and to turn out the farming graduates to move different post war reconstruction plans.
From that point forward, the school extended quickly both scholastically and physically with the expansion of postgraduate and doctoral projects. Numerous infrastructural offices were included terms of structures and types of gear for enhancing the scholastic status in rural instruction. The College commended its Silver Jubilee amid 1970 - 71 and Golden Jubilee amid 1994-95 and Diamond Jubilee in 2005. This College was certifying by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi amid 1999-2000 in the first stage itself in light of ICAR's Pre Review Team Report.
Since the foundation this school around 6846 Undergraduate understudies and 1430 Postgraduate understudies went out as on 2009-10.
To imparting the agricultural field of research, education and extension programmes activities and graduates the students.